Chef De Partie Position
Chef De Partie
The Chef de Partie will report to Chef-Proprietor Jess Marshall.
Your purpose while in this role is the daily preparation of food items prior to and during service, while supporting the overall guest experience by working as part of the team to accommodate special requests. Providing creative suggestion to your chef while maintaining a positive culture through a positive and courteous approach towards your entire team and managers.
The role is committed to providing exceptional food quality, experience, and service to our guests in partnership with the front of house team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Executing menu items from start to finish. This includes preparation of ingredients, butchery of proteins, tasting, cooking and plating of dishes in a timely manner.
- Working with seasonal ingredients while maintaining knowledge of all products being used.
- Honing your existing skills while learning new techniques and building your skillset.
- Working collaboratively within the kitchen team.
- Maintaining cleanliness of station and kitchen.
- Properly set up, break down, and clean assigned station.
- Accountable for following proper company, food, health & safety and sanitation protocols.
Creating: exceptional dining experiences / processes /
culture / fun
Essential: detail oriented / proactive /
passionate and enthusiastic / food handling certification
- Learning: full knowledge of food menus / prepare and cook food in accordance with recipes, portion control and presentation specifics / restaurant operations
Maintaining: sanitation standards / organization /
supportive environment / teamwork
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in a moderate to high-volume restaurant or hotel kitchen. Professional culinary training an asset.
- Positive “can do” attitude, team-player with a sharp eye for detail.
- Genuine interest and curiosity in food, possesses strong work ethic, performs well during busy services and can multitask under pressure.
- Open to constructive criticism, be adaptable and a fast learner, striving for personal growth within the culinary team.
- Available to work full-time hours.
- Must have availability to work opening, midday, and closing shifts (shift times scheduled may vary based on business). Preferred shifts will be provided whenever possible, and as the business allows.
- Must be flexible and available to work weekends and holidays. Day off requests are organized directly with the head chef at a minimum of two weeks in advance.